Symptoms of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (2019 – nCOV):
According to WHO (World Health Organization), the symptoms of Coronavirus infection include cough, fever, shortness of breath and difficulty in breathing. But it can lead to SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) Pneumonia, MARS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome), Kidney failure and even death.
The incubation period of the 2019 novel Coronavirus (2019 – nCOV) is 2-14 days. It means the symptoms may appear in 2-14 days after exposure.
Common Human Coronavirus:
The common human Coronavirus like NL63, OC43 and HKU1 affects the respiratory system and causes mild to moderate Upper Respiratory tract illness. Sometimes this type of Coronavirus causes lower respiratory tract infection such as Bronchitis or Pneumonia.
Common Human Coronavirus symptoms:
- Mild Fever
- Runny Nose
- Feeling Uneasiness
- Upper Throat Infection
There are also, two types of Coronavirus named as MERS-COV (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) and SARS-COV (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) which can cause severe symptoms. About 30-40% of MERS-COV affected people had died.
The MERS-COV Symptoms:
- Shortness of Breath
- SARS-COV Symptoms:
- Fever with Chills
- Body ache
- Can lead to Pneumonia
Transmission of COVID-19:
The 2019 nCOV( COVID-19) and common human Coronavirus are transmitted through-
- Droplet infection (Coughing and sneezing)
- Touching or shaking hands with the people who are infected
- Close personal contact
- From polluted air with Coronavirus
Prevention of COVID-19:
There are no vaccines to prevent the COVID-19 or 2019 novel Coronavirus (2019-nCOV) and human Coronavirus. But you can treat it as common cold or flu. But if you follow the steps below then you may be able to reduce the risk factor of the infection. The steps are as follows-
- Properly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer for at least 15-20 seconds.
- Keep your unwashed hands and fingers away from your eyes, mouth and nose.
- Avoid crowded places because the infection may be there.
- If you are infected then cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Drink sufficient water and eat healthy foods.
- Avoid close contact with people who are infected with the Coronavirus.
- Avoid getting wet or if it happens then change immediately it caught wet.
- Avoid sugar content and junk foods.
- Take sufficient rest and sleep properly.
- And lastly if you get sick or infected then don’t afraid. Consult with an Ayurvedic Physician.