The word herbal water consist of two words “Herbs” and “Water”, means the water which consist herbs is called herbal water. There is an unique method of preparation for this kind of water.
Benefits of Herbal Water:
Herbal water is very beneficial for maintaining the good health. There are so many kind of herbal water which has different health benefits. This kind of water contains the extract of essential oils of the herbs which have various healing properties. It increases the immunity power and excretes the toxins from the body.
Everyone including Infants, Children, and old aged people can drink this water without any side effect. The herbal waters are generally made of single herb, but you can use combination of several herbs.
How to Prepare Herbal Water?
There is an unique method to prepare herbal water. You have to take herbs and water in 1:128 ratio. The ideal quantity of herbs is 10 gram and water 1280 ml.You must follow the ratio.
If you reduce the quantity of water then it will become heavier and hard to digest. In that case the water will not suitable for all the people. So, keep it in your mind.
- First of all you have make powder of the herbs. Then Boil 10 gram of herbs with 1280 ml of water on medium flame.
- Cover the pan with a lid and wait until the first boil.
- After that reduce the flame and wait for 10-15 seconds.
- Then again increase the flame to medium.
- After the second boil remove the pan from the oven and filter immediately the herbal residue and discard the residue.
- There should not be any residue of the herbs in the water.
- Cool it down to nomal temperature.
- Remember, don’t refrigerate the herbal water.
- Now the herbal water is ready to serve.
Difference between Herbal Water and Herbal Distillate (Ayurvedic Ark):
List of Herbal Water:
- Fenugreek Water
- Jeera Water
- Ginger water
- Mint water,
- Rose water
- Triphala Water
- Tulsi (Holy Basil) Water
- Lavender Water
- Saunf (Fennel) Water
- Ajwain Water
- Coriander Water
If you like this article then please share it with your friends and family. It is very helpful for maintaining your health. So live a joyful life with ayurveda.
If you have any kind of queries regarding this then please comment below.